Cleveland Document Scanning
Businesses in Cleveland and around Ohio use document scanning to convert files into digital documents. Files that are in a digital format are easier to locate and manage. All it takes is a simple computer search to locate a file, and storing files on a computer takes much less space than it does to store physical files. Digital files also mean that they can be readily shared among co-workers and updated so that everyone receives the same information. No one has to worry about duplicate files or having incorrect information.
If you or your business is interested in transitioning to paperless, you’ll need to come up with an action plan. Finding a secure provider to discuss this plan can help save you lots of trouble in the long run.
How to Plan for Document Scanning
- First, create a document retention plan.
- Figure out how long to retain each type of document
- Determine who requires access to them
- This should be published to every employee.
- Second, determine which documents are likely to be needed in the future.
- The costs of document scanning grow with the number of times the document is accessed and shared. If it is unlikely to be needed again, then just storing the original file is the better option. Everything left is what you should scan.
- Third, it is time to destroy all unneeded records.
- Make certain that everyone who keeps company records gathers these files to one centralized location.
- Consider providing secure containers to store these files in.
- Ask employees to organize their personal files using the official document management policy
- Fourth, it is time for the actual scanning.
- The best option for document scanning projects is to hire a professional scanning service.
Experience the Convenience of Going Paperless with a Cleveland Document Scanning Service!
Document scanning can be very tedious and time-consuming if you have a lot of files. With a document scanning service, your files will be scanned, organized, and shredded in no time. Cleveland Document Shredding provides fast, reliant, and affordable solutions to your document scanning needs.
All you have to do is give us a call at (330) 441-4260 or fill out the form on the left to get started on going paperless today!